Our glass juliette balconies are ideal for fixing to the outside of your house or building when you have inward opening doors. They allow you to bring the outside in, without obstructing that precious view.
Each of our panels are individually made from 17.52mm toughened laminated glass[*]. Holes (28mm dia) can be positioned to suit, providing they are within tolerance. We usually suggest 75mm in the from the edge of the panel to the hole centre.
[*] If panel size is over 2400mm (up to max panel size of 2850mm), then 21.52mm toughened laminated glass must be used.
Lead time approx 12-15 working days. Please allow extra time for public holidays.
Building regulations require a finished height of 1100mm (1.1m). Our panels are usually made to 1050mm (1.05m) tall, allowing 50mm at the bottom for any cills etc. The top edge of the glass should be 1.1m from the inside finished floor (FFL).
Stainless steel glass adaptors give a 38mm spacing, however we can supply longer fabricated brackets (at extra cost). The adaptors are grade 316 stainless steel and have an M10x300mm long thread which can be unscrewed if required (ie, if fixing timber you may like to use wood to metal dowels).
NB; 1500x1050mm panels require 4 nr holes and 4 nr stainless steel glass adaptors only. Anything above this size requires 6 nr holes and 6 nr stainless steel glass adaptors.
Assistance with unloading will be required. Some example weights can be found below;
1500x1050mm = 68.9kg
1800x1050mm = 82.7kg
2100x1050mm = 96.5kg
2400x1050mm = 110.3kg
2800x1050mm = 158kg
Extra options available include;
- Glassguard protective coating which helps prevent dirt build up
- Glass obscurity (sandblasted/screen printed (including different colours and patterns (10% screen print etch is our most popular))
- Tinted glass (grey, bronze, blue, green)
- Extended fabricated adaptors (increasing 38mm spacer to whatever is required (<100mm)).
We are able to offer a Glassguard protective coating to the glass. Glassguard offers protection against;
- Discolouration of glass from contaminated air and road traffic pollutions
- Chemical attach including oxide corrosion by acid rainwater, damage by alkaline run-off from construction materials such as cement, concrete and plaster, and from fat, grease and oil products
- Corrosion by salt and other climatic coastal and marine conditions
- Etching by electrostatic particles from train, tram and metro networks, and by rust particles.
Benefits of Glassguard include:
- The surface quality is preserved or restored to its original state, becoming highly water repellent
- Air and waterborne contamination is unable to adhere to the glass
- Cleaning becomes much easier and less frequent – required 50-70% less often
- The surface remains sparkling and will not discolour.
Find out more about Glassguard.
Please contact us to confirm costs for these options.
This product is designed to comply with the latest building regulations. We are able to supply standard glazing calculations to confirm required loadings, deflections and stresses are achieved (following your order).
Once you’ve completed your balcony installation, we’d really appreciate it if you could leave us a review and also send us some photos for use on our website and social media channels.